View this email in your browser

COVID-19 Update - 18 March 2020

As you will know by now the LPHS student has tested positive for COVID-19. DNI is still open for all children who are well, and we do not expect this to change unless the Ministry of Health advises otherwise. 

We are aware that there are a number of people being tested around our area, but again, the advice is that unless we had a student or staff member tests positive DNI will remain open. 

We are conscious that these are unprecedented times and that some whanau are especially vulnerable and therefore taking additional precautions. While we do understand why people are opting to do this, at this time we are very much snowed under with the additional workload COVID has created and as such individual requests to provide school work for those opting to self isolate as a precaution, rather than a requirement, is beyond our capacity. 

The staff will be meeting this afternoon to continue our planning for how to provide work to students if we are required to close and at this time this is our priority. 

As part of this planning we would like to know how many students have access to devices at home. Could you please complete this survey for us - it will take 20 seconds :)

As you can imagine we have a lot of children off school at present and we thank you for responding to our request to keep sick children at home. We are struggling to get through the messages each morning so if at all possible it would be great if you emailed rather than phoned -

We are required to follow up each and every absence not accounted for so please do communicate each day, or tell us when to expect they will be back if you are planning on a few days. 

  • Otago Primary School Swimming Championships scheduled for Saturday 4 April 2020 at Moana Pool is cancelled
  • Waterpolo is cancelled for the rest of the season
  • Futsal is yet to be determined
  • Touch has been suspended until further notice
  • Otago Triathlon Championships, postponed till early Term 4
  • Aspire programme is postponed until later in the year
  • Camp - a decision is being made at a special Board meeting today
Heidi Hayward - Principal
Copyright © *2019*

Our mailing address is:
Our web page address is:

unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences